Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Office Nonsense Tally, Vol. 4

Mon: A co-worker introduces me to the fantastically entertaining world of online chess (games.yahoo.com). This will prove a lifesaver during the frequent periods of doldrums throughout the week. I win the first game by forfeit--my opponent wisely sees his inevitable demise and bows out. Game 1: Moi.

Tues: Half day--Get beaten at chess. Game 2: Dude 2 cubicles across the way wins. Sneak attack by a rook and that dratted Black Queen.

Wed: A solid day of chess-playing.
Game 3: Another forfeit. Me: 2, Bunghole: 1
Game 4: I resign, 2nd loss. Manager comes by as I am contemplating whether I should castle or get my Queen out onto the board. Me: 2, Bunghole: 2
Game 5: A resounding win for me. Down by a couple pawns, a bishop, and knight, I manage to trap the White king with a rook and my Queen. Me: 3, Cubicle boy: 2.

Thurs: Off

Fri: Another hung over Friday (surprise, surprise--this time it was due to one too many dart games @ the bar.) * Chess Game 6: I lose. Me: 3, Cheese Ball: 3. A draw!* Our genius IT guy introduces "Btunes," a shared space on the internal company server with a shitload of songs. Spend an ungodly number of hours downloading my favorite tunes onto the server. Yee haw. I can now disappear into my own little world of music (in a cubicle)... * Try to convince my co-workers to move beyond the same old tired Noche or Drinker's Pub for post-office-hell drinks, to no avail. Damn kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

CounterData.comPay Per ClickPay Per Click Counter CounterData.comSearch Engine AdvertisingSearch Engine Advertising Counter