Thursday, November 10, 2005

Monopolies Blow

All I want is to be able to boil a pot of water on the stove to make some pasta, is that so wrong?

Philadelphia Gas Works, however, seems bent on depriving me from cooking gas. After two previous failed attempts in weeks prior to show up during the scheduled 4 hour window, I finally meet up with the gas man this afternoon. He spends a couple minutes checking out the valves & piping to my gas range and declares it a hazard, refusing to turn on the gas--apparently the existing valving is unsafe and must be upgraded. I guess that means the poor bastard tenants before me were cooking in extremely treacherous conditions--woo hoo, lucky me they caught it after all these years. What a crock of shit. It's just another way for these crooks to schedule yet another customer visit billed @ $80/hr.

So I must wait another 1-2 weeks to be able to scramble a damn egg. I am so getting tired of the Nutrigrain bars and microwave popcorn for dinner. Damn you, PGW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

CounterData.comPay Per ClickPay Per Click Counter CounterData.comSearch Engine AdvertisingSearch Engine Advertising Counter