Monday, November 07, 2005

Office Nonsense Tally, Vol. 3

Monday: A day full of pure, utter nothingness. Went through every single one of the 261 new pictures of my neice that my sister recently posted online. Twice. * Caught up on personal email correspondence.

Tuesday: 1/2 day. Made some calls asking some old retired fogies if they wanted to work for some beat Southwestern firm in the middle of East Buttfuck. Managed to convince 3 or 4 of them that it was a worthwhile deal. Suckers. * Take lengthly midafternoon break despite it only being a half day.

Wednesday: Manager comes by whilst I am making a list in Excel of bars with their addresses & happy hour specials. The idiot thinks its the latest billing numbers. Feeling generous, I forward this invaluable list to my coworkers. I finish the day with a proud sense of accomplishment.

Thurs: Off

Friday: Sit through a tortuously boring Friday morning made slightly more unbearable due to hangover-induced headache. * Perk up before lunch after learning I will no longer have to work with my dimwitted manager and am now partnered with one of the business development execs and the CEO. * Leave work early to throw all my dirty clothes in the closet in preparation for the cocktail hour I'm throwing later in the night @ my place.

2 Comments:

At Tue Nov 08, 08:05:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh...fabulous how you can turn a week of mind-numbing office work into a gazillion guffaws. Chort/snort/snigger/milk-out-my-nose.

 
At Tue Nov 08, 08:27:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pass that happy hour list this way!

- Lesbo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

CounterData.comPay Per ClickPay Per Click Counter CounterData.comSearch Engine AdvertisingSearch Engine Advertising Counter