Saturday, September 24, 2005

"Hold the Wheel and Drive..."

Have been obsessed lately with an Incubus song from a few years back, "Drive"--it has been on continuous play on my mp3 player (courtesy of my favorite simian, nannermonkey) for a while.

"And if I decide to waiver my chance to be one of the hive
Will I choose water over wine and hold my own and drive?

It's driven me before and it seems to be the way everyone else gets around.
Lately I'm beginning to find that when I drive myself my light it is found."


Pretty relevant for me these days...which I guess owes to my obsession with the tune. That, & it took me a while to get the melody for the stanzas right. I think I could karaoke it like a champ now tho. Hardee har.

2 Comments:

At Sun Sep 25, 11:32:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh, so. perhaps this means you should buy a car, young grasshopper. and that you should not operate a motor vehicle while inebriated.

funny: i've always thought it was 'my "life" is found.' still makes sense when you put that in, though. boy, i'm smart!

put that fa-shizl in your nizl.

 
At Tue Sep 27, 05:28:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of good lyrics:

"Oh I am a lonely painter
I live in a box of paints
I’m frightened by the devil
And I’m drawn to those ones that ain’t afraid
I remember that time that you told me, you said
Love is touching souls
Surely you touched mine
Cause part of you pours out of me
In these lines from time to time"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

CounterData.comPay Per ClickPay Per Click Counter CounterData.comSearch Engine AdvertisingSearch Engine Advertising Counter