Monday, August 29, 2005

Personal Top 10 Timesucks

10. Taxes--boring and annoying. Don't just take my money, make me spend hours filling out paperwork to remind me that you're taking all my money.
9. Buying groceries--50 boxes of EZ Mac, check. Gallon of soy milk, check. 10 lb bag of frozen chimichangas, check. Vat of Jergens lotion, check.
8. Rewinding VHS tapes--OK, the advent of DVD's has made this all but obsolete, but I remember it being a MAJOR timesuck. Unless you had the superfast external rewinder shaped like a Corvette.
7. Morning commutes--I'd rather have someone thread a knitting needle through my nostrils
6. Laundry--Damn, I'm going to miss the little laundromat down the street where those expert Chinese laundresses could magically turn my pile of dirty rags into an immaculate stack of meadow-fresh scented garments for a mere 40 cents a lb!!! Cheaper than old chicken!!
5. All-Day Marathon of E's True Hollywood Story--just can't get enough of the antics of former cokehead rockstars or the whereabouts of beat teen heart throbs
4. Shoe-shopping--the leather navy pumps with stitching or the hot pink mules with the buckle?
3. Apartment hunting--Beware when the landlord starts out with "It's not luxury, but..." This almost guarantees that the apartment was a former crackhouse and reeks of cat piss.
2. Writing this blog--I should be looking for an apartment or shoe-shopping
1. Reading this blog--go clean your toilet or amuse yourself something else more productive, like building a miniature replica of the White House out of Lego's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

CounterData.comPay Per ClickPay Per Click Counter CounterData.comSearch Engine AdvertisingSearch Engine Advertising Counter