Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Milestones

This past Sunday, it was me and another 10,000+ runners that took to the Philly streets with our fleet feet (well, some with more flight than others) for the Jefferson Distance Run. It was a memorable race for me, it being my first half-marathon (13.1 miles, baby) with the weather just perfect and with a picture postcard course through downtown and around Fairmount Park's scenic West River and Kelly Drives. I've run in quite a few races, but none as long this, and I know I'll look back on this particular one often, to revel again in those moments (2 hrs and 8 mins, to be exact!) that I felt so alive, healthy, and so content with the world. The final approach to the finish line, with the majestic Philadelphia Museum of Art in full view, will be a memory I will no doubt conjure up with a smile for years to come.

1 Comments:

At Fri Sep 23, 01:44:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you have against us spammers? That is discrimination! Here we are, trying to make a living, selling sex sites and all sorts of wack..and you block us..buncha booolshyte!
Damn, if I was only smaller..

Ah well..Been a bit since I checked your site..not bad, killer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

CounterData.comPay Per ClickPay Per Click Counter CounterData.comSearch Engine AdvertisingSearch Engine Advertising Counter