Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I love me some Cake

Last Friday I headed down to Baltimore to meet up with my sis to try our luck at getting last minute tix to the Cake concert at the outdoor Pier Six Pavilion at Inner Harbor. After my fortuitous experience with snagging a ticket at the eleventh hour for Ben Gibbard's solo act (see previous post; also, catch his DC concert on npr.org), I felt my trip to Maryland would not be wasted. My sis dropped me off at the pier and I headed to the box office where I encountered a security guard who informed the concert was sold out. Unthwarted, I scanned the area for another benevolent soul who might be parting with their unused tickets (Disclaimer: I do not make it a practice to support scalpers and would never pay and have never paid anything over face value for a ticket I've purchased outside of the box office.) After 10 minutes, I knew this was a losing battle, so I decided to scout out the venue. Pier Six Pavilion sits on, well, a pier, and juts out into the harbor. Along one side of the pier, there was a narrow canal about 100 ft wide, and across the way is a hotel and pedestrian boulevard with benches lining the canal. I crossed the bridge to access the other side with the hotel to find that there's a great view of the stage;a vantage point that's even better, I think, than that for those paying patrons with lawn seats. I sat myself on the side of the canal, legs dangled over the water, and called my sister with instructions to get us some dinner & and told her we were going to picnic whilst enjoying the tunes of Cake. We dined on seafood fettuccine and tiramisu while having a grand old time singing along with the band. Quite literally, we had our Cake, and ate it too.

1 Comments:

At Sat Dec 03, 08:10:00 PM EST, Blogger BAJAI Kulture (Since 2000) said...

I've returned... some time ago actually I was looking trhu past comments and found your. wrters write so I imagine you're writing somewhere.. I just post my workout journal probably for my own future reading. I'm on facebook... KC Bajai or noxsoma@yahoo.com Cheers if you're out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

CounterData.comPay Per ClickPay Per Click Counter CounterData.comSearch Engine AdvertisingSearch Engine Advertising Counter