Wednesday, September 20, 2006

It's all about the shoes

I'm not much of a brand whore--everyone likes nice things, but my frugality (thanks Mom! And that's a very sincere thanks) and that pesky necessity of paying rent every month often overpowers my desire for a cute pair of Manolo Blahniks or a $200 pair of jeans (even if they make my ass look fabulous). This mindset also extends into my choice of athletic footwear--I usually pay $50-$70 for running shoes and almost never given weight to what type of shoe is good for my foot, whether it has cushioning, if it corrects supination/pronation, etc. But a couple weeks ago I decided to get another pair and went to a place that does gait analysis (a complex way of saying that they examine the wear on the bottom of your shoes and watch you run/walk a few meters to figure out how your feet land). The guy told me I needed a little more stability and brought out a couple pairs. I tried them on before telling him my price range--which turned out for the best. The first pair, an Asics Gel model, was the priciest but by far the most comfortable and conformed to the shape of my foot. I tried a few more pairs that he brought out that were cheaper, but I was sold. And I am dizzy in love with them. I have been running in them the past week or so and it's such a difference--lightweight and bouncy. I'm thinking of buying another couple pairs to last me over the next year or two. Never never never will I skimp on running shoes again. Love your feet, peoples!!!

3 Comments:

At Fri Sep 22, 08:26:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great! What Asics model?

 
At Wed Sep 27, 11:43:00 PM EDT, Blogger All Aglow said...

GT 2110--for fleet feet!

 
At Wed Oct 24, 01:48:00 PM EDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Simple and sensitive blog!!!!!!my comfort shoes,athlete boots,casuals all are from Timberland shoes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

CounterData.comPay Per ClickPay Per Click Counter CounterData.comSearch Engine AdvertisingSearch Engine Advertising Counter