Monday, July 17, 2006

Rehab Report

So I finally went for a run last Thursday after more than a month and a half break from all high impact physical activity. Was out for about an hour, but only ran about 30 mins of it. Actually, 30 mins might be generous. The first 5-6 minutes of my run were just utter respiratory torture--I felt like I was jogging with a whale on my shoulders (or maybe that was just my fat ass, haha!). I was feeling great at about minute 15, but then the shin (which is what has been troubling me since the Broad Street Run and in runs previous to that) started acting up so I started walking. I was disheartened that my leg was still not 100%, but, with my truly idiotic hardheaded nature that refuses defeat, I ended up running another 15 mins after walking for a while. The leg feels pretty pain-free today (knock wood!), so I think I will try once more today. Baby steps, baby steps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

CounterData.comPay Per ClickPay Per Click Counter CounterData.comSearch Engine AdvertisingSearch Engine Advertising Counter