Thursday, July 06, 2006

A rather non-patriotic weekend

Instead of staying in Philadelphia, the Cradle of Liberty, for the July 4th festivities, I ventured south to our nation's capital, a decent alternative venue for celebrating the holiday. However, we didn't end up doing a ton of July 4th activities and didn't even make the 5 minute walk to the river for a clear view of the fireworks, but we did poke around the whole city quite a bit. While I've been to DC on numerous occasions, it was a little different this time because we stayed at my sister's new apartment just outside of the city, and I experienced DC from a local's point of view. We walked or took the Metro everywhere and became acquainted with fun neighborhood bars and restaurants, of few of which will most likely become favorites. I was wholly excited for, and admittedly a tad jealous of, my sister who was about to discover the novelties and quirks of living in a new metropolitan city and who was about to start a brand new personal and professional life.

(Bonne chance, ma soeur! I'll be sure to make it down often enough to pester the hell out of you.)

2 Comments:

At Mon Jul 10, 09:17:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! i was in DC last weekend too.....sigh, i really should check into your calendar more often. -nik

 
At Tue Jul 11, 12:24:00 PM EDT, Blogger All Aglow said...

if you are ever this side of the mississippi, it is imperative you call me!!! this is fair warning going forward, my dear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

CounterData.comPay Per ClickPay Per Click Counter CounterData.comSearch Engine AdvertisingSearch Engine Advertising Counter