Monday, May 08, 2006

Another Broad St. Run

A sampling of raving thoughts that crossed my mind during yesterday's Broad St. Run:

Starting line
Feels abso-friggin-lutely awesome outside.
Stop pushing, we're wearing timing chips!

Mile 1
I can run forever! I am indestructible! World peace is within our grasp!

Mile 2
Is that a slight incline on this famously-touted downhill sloping course? That wasn't here last year.

Mile 3
Gettin' a little warm out. I would really like to stop now.
Another incline? Liars, all of you!
Why is my chest burning and where are the paramedics?

Mile 4
Ahhhhh, where did that sudden breeze come from--there is definitely a merciful higher being! But no gatorade for you girl until you pass the halfway point.

Mile 5
"Louie, Louie! Oh baby! We gotta go. Yea yea yea!" Thank God for the bands and screaming cheerleaders on the curb.

Mile 6
Mr. Rendell, your toupee is looking fabulous.
Are those my friends over there? Sure are! Hey, over this way! It's me, the tired, sweaty gal!
Only 3.3 more miles to go, you say? Cake!

Mile 7 (a mere 0.3 miles later)
Why did I have to try to rely on myself for motivation & leave my mp3 player at home? What I'd give to hear a little "Run Lola, Run." Where's the guy that plays the Rocky song already?

Mile 8
There's no way.
Start repeating your mantra, girl: "I'm a horse, I'm a horse. I'm a leannn, longggg horse."

Mile 9
Another mile? Who measured this course? It's been incorrect for the past 27 years!!

1/4 mile left
Hallelujah! I see the finish! Sprint!

1/8 mile left
Shit, that's the photo op area, not the freaking finish line.
Is this how the onset of cardiac arrest feels?

Finish
Mommy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

CounterData.comPay Per ClickPay Per Click Counter CounterData.comSearch Engine AdvertisingSearch Engine Advertising Counter