Sunday, February 12, 2006

Accumulation

The snow has reached almost a foot outside. As much as I despise the cold, the falling snow is very picturesque, a slow-moving Eakins painting. The salt trucks haven’t yet marred the undisturbed sidewalks, with only a few tracks in the street from one or two cars and a few intrepid early morning winter storm fanatics traipsing through the white-washed city. Not sure why I’m up this early—it was another late night. (Actually, some busybody shoveling their sidewalk at 7:30 may have something to do with it.) I did get most of my deep sleep yesterday from 12pm to 4pm, so maybe I’ll tire down around noon. But I am feeling overcome with a childlike urge to go out & build snow women and igloos as I watch the drifting flakes through the window pane. Where are my gloves???

1 Comments:

At Mon Feb 13, 08:05:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh? who is this eakins character?

on another note, i suspect you might have been a sloth in your former lifetime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

CounterData.comPay Per ClickPay Per Click Counter CounterData.comSearch Engine AdvertisingSearch Engine Advertising Counter