Sunday, December 04, 2005

Rejuvenation

Has been much too long, mes amis. After an extremely relaxing, shamelessly indulgent (food-wise!), and warmly familial Thanksgiving, I have been steadily swept into the holiday bustle of the city. Sparkly lights, the ubiquitous tinkle of Yuletide carols, and… the dratted cold and snow. But I do so love the holidays despite my aversion to dreary winter weather. The spirit of the season and recent renewal of my baptismal vows during my niece’s baptism inspired me to attend mass this Sunday morning at the Basilica. Even though I have been in the cathedral countless times, the grandeur of the dome with its ornate décor of vaulted rosettes in gold-trim and the majestic marble pillars flanking the altar always render me awestruck each time I enter. The choir sounded appropriately heavenly, its four-part harmony lightly resonant on our welcoming ears. I know I must sound so very provolone, but I found much to be grateful for during those quiet moments in the Basilica.

4 Comments:

At Thu Dec 15, 02:02:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Provolone? Yes, you sound like cheese.

 
At Thu Dec 15, 10:21:00 PM EST, Blogger All Aglow said...

yea, i really meant to say: provolone-"y"

 
At Fri Dec 16, 01:26:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i looooooooove provolone!

 
At Fri Dec 16, 04:20:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm, provolone cheeze on a pizza. yummy.

what the deuce??! swept up by the auspices of god?

but no, you're doing, you're doing...gooood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

CounterData.comPay Per ClickPay Per Click Counter CounterData.comSearch Engine AdvertisingSearch Engine Advertising Counter