Monday, August 08, 2005

Non-committal


Salutations, blogworld. I have returned after a brief weekend haitus ready to rant anew. Speaking of which, a decent chunk of my time during the past few weeks has been devoted to an annoying but necessary apartment search, much of it spent combing through the rental ads on craigslist.org during the wee hours of the morn. I'm being intractably picky pricewise & locationwise (frugal, yet wanting to be amidst all the urban hubbub) AND am seeking quality beyond college dorm chic. What with these unreasonable criteria, my search is all but doomed. After having lived the past 4-5 years in apartments where I was not tied to a lease, I'm having a hell of a time accepting the necessity of signing a piece of paper that binds me to a miniscule square of dwelling space in the city for the next year. I tend to work on a short-term kinda schedule these days, fully taking advantage of the essence of carpe diem, so feeling chained to an apartment for even only 12 months is a bit irksome. I'm sure there are month-to-month gems out there that don't require a lease, but my patience is running thin. "First month, last month, security deposit." "The hole in the ceiling? Pay no mind, it's just a little water damage." "Well, there isn't a washer dryer in the building, but there's a laundromat only ten miles away." "And this closet can double as a gimp room." I am apartment-searched-out. Calgon, take me away.

2 Comments:

At Tue Aug 09, 01:29:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, and you were doing so well with your grammar and spelling so far! you're missing a 't' in salutations, and you forgot to say "_greetings_ and salutations, a la charlotte and her web. quick--fix it!

 
At Tue Aug 09, 02:41:00 PM EDT, Blogger All Aglow said...

you're complaining about 1 or 2 typos in 20+ posts? go back to cleaning your keyboard with a Qtip! i will fix 'salutations' since it IS the first word in the post, but you're still a nitpicker. boogerhead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

CounterData.comPay Per ClickPay Per Click Counter CounterData.comSearch Engine AdvertisingSearch Engine Advertising Counter