Sunday, July 31, 2005

Insomnia

Drinking caffeine at 4am in the morning is probably not the best method of remedying the effects of insomnia, and yet here I am with Diet Pepsi in hand. Perhaps one way to get over my wakefulness during these midnight hours is to strip myself of all the ubiquitous distractions of urban life. Were I holed up in a mountain cabin stocked with a couple microbiology textbooks, a few bottles of Dasani water, and a wheel of cheese and some crackers for sustenance, I reckon I would be able to reset my Circadian clock and jar my system back into a semi-normal sleep pattern. But then I’d start freaking out about all the rustlings and strange noises being emitted by the woods. Visions of “The Blair Witch Project” would play in my mind, rendering me once again, sleepless. Oh the futility!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

CounterData.comPay Per ClickPay Per Click Counter CounterData.comSearch Engine AdvertisingSearch Engine Advertising Counter